Old 18-02-2011, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Charity Plant Stall

Garden Novice wrote:
Hi
Please can anyone help with ideas for a plant stall we have just decided
to have at our School charity fundraiser at the end of March?! I am new
to gardening and just don't know what might be possible....I know its
only 5 weeks away so I was wondering if herb seeds or bulbs might grow
enough to sell in that time? I will contact my local garden centre to
see if they can help but any other ideas gratefully received. GN

Depending on age group?

I find kids like basil plants, pleasant smell, would need to start seeds
now in kits.
Seed starting kits as well as seeds for sale. Look for children's books on
growing plants. Small bags of soil to go with the seed kits. Bird houses
for a start.

Could also give away little kids experiments like a bean seed and little
soil inside a small clear plastic bag so kids can see the plant sprouting
from their bean seed, bean seeds are cheapest. We put a string with the
small seed bag to wear over their head so they do not have carry them. This
is usually done at earth fairs here in the US. At Earth fair we give away
about 1000 basil plants and bean seed bags. Kids have a good time.