Old 18-02-2011, 11:31 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Novice View Post
Hi
Please can anyone help with ideas for a plant stall we have just decided to have at our School charity fundraiser at the end of March?! I am new to gardening and just don't know what might be possible....I know its only 5 weeks away so I was wondering if herb seeds or bulbs might grow enough to sell in that time? I will contact my local garden centre to see if they can help but any other ideas gratefully received. GN
Hi, Just a couple of ideas that may help ! Firstly, if you are in the UK ?? find your nearest car boot sale and offer any plant sellers the chance of a stall at your fete, maybe you could do a deal for a percentage of thier takings ??
Rather than go to your local garden centre (but try that anyway) Find any local wholesale nurseries that produce plants for the trade, they might be more amiable to letting you have some plants for a charity do ??
Contact your local gardening club, often someone will have a few plants to spare and just maybe between now and your fete, you'll muster enough for a display.
I think you have left it a bit late to grow anything but another thing you could do (im doing this at present) go to BandQ but any golden thyme and cut them into 4 or 5 and repot them. They cost about £2.99 and if you get 5 plants from each pot, sell at £1.50 each, then thats a good profit ?? I think your time is best spent doing things like that, rather than trying to grow things from scratch.
lannerman.