Old 18-02-2011, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Honeyberries soil requirements

On 2011-02-17, Compo in Caithness wrote:
Can anyone having experience of growing honeyberries tell me if they
have any specific soil requirements, please?

Honeyberries are an edible Lonicera (honeysuckle).
I've got some grown from seed 12 years ago and they seem to grow well in
aprox. neutral (not too acid/alkali) conditions.

Mine tend to flower in late autumn thinking there will be no winter, and
get killed off so my crop has been pretty low.

Have you got any pruning advice?

Jim
Wakefield