Old 20-02-2011, 09:03 AM
jambella jambella is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
On 2011-02-18 18:06:50 +0000, jambella
said:

Hi. *I'm new to GardenBanter and pretty new to gardening - and need
help.

I am throwing open house and garden at Easter for loads of family and
friends and desperately want the garden to look special. *But the end of
April is too early for my normal bedding plants. *Not too worried about
by my one border. *I just want to fill all my pots and window boxes with
colour. *I like a colour theme, like yellow/orange, red/orange,
different blue hues - anything like that. *Or even just foliage, as long
as it looks good. *But I don't like multi mixed colours.

And to make matters worse, I've already spent my bedding plant budget,
so it has to be on the cheap! *And has to be a display that is either
short-lived, or won't mind being moved later to make room for my already
ordered and carefully planned bedding plants. *Pity I didn't plan for
Easter earlier!

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas how to solve this problem? *Thank
you to anyone who takes the time to think about it!

To be honest, I think you're asking the impossible, especially as
you're demanding a colour theme, too. * Find what you can and be glad
for it, would be my advice, this late in the day.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

Was at B&Q yesterday and they had loads of Pansy and viols as well as
polyanthus reduced.
Also on offer is their multi pourpous compost 20 litr bags for £1.00
thats 5p a litre, offer ends Monday
Thank you! B&Q tomorrow! Looks like that might be the answer.