Old 20-02-2011, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Pumpkins

On Feb 18, 1:31*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Thos wrote:
seriously....
they pour it on the roots. *Maybe the use of the word "feed" was too
technical. Maybe I should have said they "water" them with milk.

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Thos wrote:
I do know that the guys that grow the giant pumpkin contest winners
feed them milk when they get big, for whatever that's worth.

OK I will bite. *How do you feed a pumpkin with milk?

How odd. *I have heard of spraying with milk against mildew but not pouring
it on the ground.

It was a "tip" told to a competitor in a bar one night.