Old 20-02-2011, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Are we chitting?

On 20/02/2011 14:20, Baz wrote:
Only earlies?

I am chitting all my earlies this year. Takes up some more space on the
'cill but I think it works to get a few spuds a few days earlier, but if
not I feel better for it all the same.

Baz

Well, I certainly am. I may only grow a few this year, but chitting has
always worked for me. I've just got a few International Kidney atm. I
wanted some Dunluce, which T&M sell, but don't like their split-company
procedure. I don't mind if they grow my plants in different places, or
that they arrive at different times, but I *do* mind if I can't order
them or pay for them in one go. It makes me spit cobwebs! They should
have a parent company which deals with accounts procedures separately.
If they want to split the money up, they should do it internally, not
inflict it on their customers.

Sorry to divert *and* rant in your thread :~(. Scuttles back under stone.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London