Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default New Tank

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 00:56:25 -0800, "Dustin"
wrote:

Should I add fast growing plants at first, or for how long? or should the
tank cycle by itself for a few days? I have several platies / Corys needing
in asap...

Any sites on this, I couldnt find much on the krib.

There's an article on my site dealing with the subject.

I'd fill it with as many fast growing plants as you can get.

In my article about starting a new planted tank, I suggest adding no
fish for a few weeks, to let the plants really get rooted and growing
well. If you add a bunch of fast growers, in a big tank like a 125,
you could probably get away with adding a few platies and cories
without getting an ammonia or nitrite spike.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua