Old 21-02-2011, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default how high deer fencing?

On Feb 21, 8:25*am, "MuddyMike" wrote:
How high does Muntjac fencing need to be? i have standard stock fencing
round the garden across hawthorn but the blinking things are coming in
from next door where the person who rents the house encourages them.
Just seen 3 busy helping themselves to whatever's left of winter crops at
the bottom of the garden. They seem to just hop over the four foot stock
fencing and through the hawthorn.

I overcame the same problem when we lived in Norfolk by adding straining
wires 12 inches apart above the wire netting in our Hawthorne hedge.

Mike

I would put 3 or 4 strands of wire above the fence you already have
raising it to around 7ft, you could use this extra height for climbing
plants, Sweet peas etc which besides looking good will show the deer
that there is something up there.