Old 21-02-2011, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Are we chitting?

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Nice.
How did you water them?

Baz

We didn't!!

Honestly forgotten as to what sort of summer we had, but it always
felt warm and damp under there. I seem to remember slugs were a bit of
a problem :-((

What was the summer of 1969 like? That was the year we did the spuds.
1970 we just made it respectable and had horses grazing and 1971 got
planning permission and there are now two blocks each with six
apartments in them. No more spuds

Mike

I am definatly going to do it. I can't see how they get their water
though.

So far thats 10 under a tunnell and 10 under plastic to try this year.
Not long now 'till we get cracking.

Baz

Too late now, but when we came back to the Isle of Wight, we had a big house
out in the country and we had a couple of 20ft x 10 ft poly tunnels and for
years, we planted our very early spuds on ............... Boxing Day ;-) No
heating, but we are in a warm area ;-)

Poly tunnels then planted with Toms. Some Ring culture some in the ground.
Also did Lettuce, Cukes, etc.

Runner Beans and Onions outside.

Also had a HUGE Bramley Apple tree. The house was built in 1844 and I guess
the Bramley was one of the first things they planted ;-)

Superb house, superb views. Would still be there now if Maggie Thatcher
hadn't wrecked the UK Manufacturing business. :-((((((((((
Did more harm to this country than Hitler ever did.

Make

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive