Old 21-02-2011, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lavender

On 02/20/2011 06:51 PM, Spider wrote:
On 20/02/2011 10:50, rabc wrote:
Thinking of planting out some lavender in containers in the front
garden, trouble is it only gets the full sun from around 1.00pm onwards,
will i still get some display of colour etc or am i wasting my
time.......thanks

I have French lavender in a similar position and it does well, even
though it's less hardy and probably needs more sun than English lavender
to ripen its stems. I think it's worth a go.

I have some English Lavender (here in France) that gets only morning
sun, but still flowers pretty well. If a bit gangly.

-E