Old 21-02-2011, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel rbel is offline

Default how high deer fencing?

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:15:05 -0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Bill Grey
writes
Have a look at this site:-

http://www.britishwildlife.com/html/hab00016.html

The second paragraph may be helpful to you

Bill

Very interesting Bill! It says
" A fence height of 1.5m is recommended as a barrier against Fallow Deer
Cervus dama, Roe Deer Capreolus capreolus and Muntjac Deer Muntiacus
reevesii, "
They don't seem to be having any trouble with my fencing so maybe I'll
go for something a little taller and try that before giving up on all my
raised beds.

The FC guidance at
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/PDF/fcpn9.pdf/$FILE/fcpn9.pdf also starts at
around 1.5m. Probably worth having a look as from memory it is quite
comprehensive.

--
rbel