Old 23-02-2011, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Malcolm is offline

Default Killing moss in lawn.

On 23/02/2011 15:30, mark wrote:
I've got a lot of lawn and a lot of moss. What is likely to be the most cost
effective way to get rid of the moss chemically, granules or spraying? And
any recommended product?

Mark

Sulphate of iron will check the growth of the moss and Sulphare of
ammonia will encourage the grass to grow. You can mix these safely and
apply with a watering can (they are solids and cheap to buy). I then
rake the lawn after a few days to remove the moss and seed any bare
patches. This keeps the moss at bay.

Malcolm