Old 24-02-2011, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Albert Jeans[_2_] Albert Jeans[_2_] is offline

Default Is my Ceanothus dead?

I planted a variety of this once and didn't pay much attention to the
description in the Sunset
Western Garden book which said that these plants only lived 6-7 years. Sure
enough, after
about 7 years, all three plants died! Hopefully yours is not one of those.

Albert

"tonibat" wrote in message

I have had my evergreen Ceanothus for 6 years and it has been thriving.
This year however the leaves are all completely brown. Has the really
bad frosts (-10) killed it? Should I cut it back to see if it shoots or
should I leave it?

Is there anyway I can tell if it is completly dead and need to dig it
up?

Any advise appreciated.

--
tonibat