Old 24-02-2011, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Why Aren't G.M.O. Foods Labeled?

Bill who putters writes:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article , wrote:

"Steve Peek" writes:

The whole idea of saving the best for the next generation of seeds
resides on a delicate thread . Seed viability can be lost in a few
years if GMO's interlope. Control of viable seeds is removed from the
end users and placed in the hands of a few corporations.
I wonder how many GMO seeds are deposited the Norwegian Seed Bank?
I'd guess none and wonder why.

Good guess:

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=2126

About 2/3 of the way down.

Since they only have about a third of all current crops I guess they
think they don't need them. Of course the GMO companies have their
own seed banks.