Old 25-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Topdown Topdown is offline
Registered User

Location: Suffolk / Norfolk border
Question Water from under Yew Trees

I am new to this forum and indeed new to gardening having spent the last 40+ years playing with mechanical, electrical and computer things ....... Now retired ....

I have a very large (male) Yew Tree alongside and quite close to my greenhouse, shed and garden. Parts of the tree, pollen, leaves etc blow onto the roof of the shed and greenhouse and stay there for some time until I clean them off.

I would like to collect rain water from the roof of the shed and greenhouse to water the vegetable plants both in the garden and greenhouse. The question is, is it safe to use the water that has yew pollen and leaves have soaked in ??

The vast majority of leaves are dead and brown with only occasional green leaves being on the roof

Many thanks ...............