Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Dustin

Default New Tank

I forgot to add that in the desc - I have pressurized Co2

Thanks
"kush" wrote in message
((4 x 96 watts) / 125 gallons = 3 watts per gallon) - CO2 = algae.

You had best start with lots and lots of fast-growing stem plants and some
CO2 immediately. You can gradually replace some of the stem plants with
more expensive specimens later after things get stable.

Yes, there is an effect on cycling from having the tank planted-out from

the
start, but whether good or bad is debatable. The plants use ammonium

before
it is converted to nitritenitrate, so I've never obsessed about cycling a
tank - I just throw in a lot of plants and a bottle of bacteria culture

and
let them sort it out for themselves.

kush

Dustin wrote in message
Ok, So ive got almost everything together for the initial filling of the
tank.

4 - 96w cf's from ahsupply
flourite substrate
125 gal tank *important part in this im sure haha*
2 - Magnum 350 Filters

Should I add fast growing plants at first, or for how long? or should

the
tank cycle by itself for a few days? I have several platies / Corys

needing
in asap...

Any sites on this, I couldnt find much on the krib.

Thanks!

Dustin