Old 25-02-2011, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Habanero peppers ..again

Graham wrote:
Last year I asked for advice on habanero peppers and they were a great
success, in fact they have survived the winter on my window sill and
are still producing small pea size peppers. My question is are
habanero peppers biennial? If I give them a good feed will they
produce another crop this year? I still have seeds left so intend to
plant a new lot, but is it worth keeping the 'old' ones?
Graham
In Holland

Technically they are perennials but in any climate that does not have a
warm/mild winter they are usually grown as annuals. You may find it easier
to collect seeds in autumn and sow again in spring than baby them over
winter. YMMV

David