Old 26-02-2011, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Deer and Hostas

On Feb 23, 12:01*pm, mkr5000 wrote:
Thanks.

What a shame -- I have nothing but shade around here and they love to
eat when I'm SLEEPING, the SOB's. Also, found out this year they love
Yews, but not Junipers?

When moose colonized Isle Royale in Lake Superior in the early 1900's,
one of the first trees to disappear from virtually all areas
accessible to the moose was the Canada yew. All deer love it.

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2424235

Chris

Maybe I can just rig up something with auto on lighting and some audio
to scare them -- electronics is my business.