Old 26-02-2011, 10:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Deer and Hostas

Bud writes:

Why the hell move into the deer's territory in the first place?

I'm in central New Jersey.
There were a lot less deer here in the past,
then it was the settlers territory.
Before that, it was the Indians territory.
Before that bears, wolves, Sabre tooth cats.

So the deer haven't owned the territory any time in the
past I can think of.

They are probably doing better now than they ever have in the past.

It would be nice if we could devote more territory to wild animals
but I don't see that happening in the immediate future.