Old 27-02-2011, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hugh Newbury Hugh Newbury is offline

Default Frogs all gone

On 27/02/11 07:37, sweetheart wrote:
I seem to have lost all my frogs ( as in none have come to the pool this
year). Three years ago I had a colony of at least 30. Then I lost a
whole load of spawn eaten by bloody dragon fly larvae which I had not
realized were there. I know some people like dragon flies but I prefer
frogs. So I cleared the pond but the following year it was a hard
winter and again I lost frogs and spawn . This year, nothing.

I know I have a frog ( or two) around the garden . Last saw one a few
weeks ago by my greenhouse. But nothing in the pond. I also checked the
pond and I don't even seem to have any newts. I had a few of those to.

Is this the end then? Is there anything I can do to get frogs to come?

They'll be back when they want to. So will the dragonflies, damselflies,
leeches (yes), and any other pondlife you care to think of.

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org