Old 27-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Owdboggy Owdboggy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerKay View Post
Hi.

I have bought a pheromone trap for plum moth control. Grateful if anyone could tell me at what stage of tree growth this should be used?

I am in Southern Spain, the trees are in flower now. Presumably the moths activity is also controlled by the weather conditions.

The instructions say from end of May but give no detail other than this. Manufacturers not being any help.

Many thanks

Roger
Since the moths lay their eggs in the flower before the plums form then as your trees are in flower now, I would say get the traps up as soon as possible. It will not do any harm in any case as the pheromone lasts a fair while.