View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 28-02-2011, 02:12 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2011
Default bottle brush callistemon

hi there
last year i bought a beutiful standard bottle brush callistemon whish is a plant pot it flowered all summer
anyway as winter set in and it colder i was told to protect it so put it in the green house i kept it moist as i was told and it did great i checked it every couple of days
then i got swine flu and was layed up in bed for a week and half when i eventually made it down the bottom of the garden still very ill i opened the green house to find the bottle brush with brown leaves and black spots on them at no time while i was ill did we have any frost so i dont think its frost damage
the first thing i checked was to see if it had dried out it hadnt it was still moist i scraped the bark to see if i could find any green in there at the time i could not
i have took the bottle brush out of the green house and put it on the patio where it can get some sun. i have left it there now 3 weeks and i checked again for green under the bark there is some now showing signs of green there but the leaves are still brown with spots i have tried to get rid of as many of the ones with the black spots as i think this is fungus

do you think it will come back and should i get rid of the brown leaves
i am just confused as it was doing so well
thanks for anyhelp saph