Old 28-02-2011, 09:12 AM
RogerKay RogerKay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
On 2011-02-27, Owdboggy wrote:

RogerKay;913772 Wrote:
Hi.

I have bought a pheromone trap for plum moth control. Grateful if anyone
could tell me at what stage of tree growth this should be used?

I am in Southern Spain, the trees are in flower now. Presumably the
moths activity is also controlled by the weather conditions.

The instructions say from end of May but give no detail other than this.
Manufacturers not being any help.

Many thanks

Roger

Since the moths lay their eggs in the flower before the plums form then
as your trees are in flower now, I would say get the traps up as soon as
possible. It will not do any harm in any case as the pheromone lasts a
fair while.

We don't seem to have any here where we have hard freezs in winter.

SW Idaho, USA.
--
Bud
Hi Bud & Owdboggy. Many thanks for this advice, the trap will be on the tree today! Does this advice also apply to apple trees and codling moths?

Roger