Old 28-02-2011, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sweetheart sweetheart is offline

Default Frogs all gone

On 2011-02-27 07:37:00 +0000, "sweetheart" hotmail.com said:

I really think you're trying to over-manage your pond. Leave it alone and
it will balance itself out. How can you kill off one species because you
prefer another? It's a strange approach, imo.
--

Very easily when I saw my tadpoles being killed one by one by the larvae.

I haven't managed the pond. All I have done is clear out some Iris which had
overgrown and had filled it to the point of there being no pond left ( three
years ago). My frogs came the year after that fine. Then they all
disappeared mysteriously. Thats why I am asking.

My point, which seems to be missed here is, I have lost my frogs and cant
figure out how they have all died. It must be the weather I guess. My
mother lost a load of hers too but at least hers she found dead on top of
her pond , so she knows . Mine just haven't come this year.