Old 28-02-2011, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default April

On Feb 28, 4:48*pm, Roger Tonkin wrote:
We have just booked a holiday that will take us away from home for
virtually the whole of April - normally the busiest month for
sowing/planting out etc.

Does anyone have advice on what I can do with seedlings/young plants
that should be ready in April (onions & leeks at the moment). Whilst the
neighbours will water things in the greenhouse (cold and drafty!) and
even mow the lawn, I can not expect them to plant out my veggies.

I'm planning to plant some outside seeds just as we go away (a bit
early) and others leave until May.

Any advice welcome.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

A lot of early planting gets caught up with by later planting due to
the improved conditions. I wouldn't worry, just plant the moment you
get back.
At 700' you don't want o be too soon anyway.