Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 AM
RogerKay RogerKay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owdboggy View Post
I would say so, yes.
Thanks again Owdboggy. Will do at time of flowering.

The big problem last year was with the apples, must have lost pushing 75% of the crop. Plums were affected but not nearly as much.

We do get frosts here, we are at 760m alt, but anything lower than -4 is exceptional and only down there for a matter of hours. The garden is in full sun so with clear skies it warms up quickly even in Jan/Feb.

What I do not understand is why there are codling & plum moths. Only a handful of trees around and these very spread out. Thousands of olive trees, that can be affected by a similar problem so maybe a connection there.

Regards

Roger