Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Garden Vouchers

On Feb 28, 11:50*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Had 50 (2@ 25) of Garden Vouchers given to us and went to buy a book I
want at RHS Wisley shop costing 16.99.
"Yes we take the vouchers but we don't give change" said the chap on the
till.
So the RHS were going to make excess profit of 8 on the book costing 16.99
if I had bought it. I also wanted stuff in the GC part but that can't be
amalgamated so the bill is over 25.
Later at a GC, one of a small group called Squires, the lady on the till
said yes we give change if it's less than 5 if over you get vouchers and
change.
I despair sometimes.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

All vouchers are like that. No-one gives change. I think there's
something about it in the anti-money laundering laws too.

Buy two books and add money. That's what you're supposed to do.