Old 01-03-2011, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Tools: Fancy or home made?

On 01/03/2011 16:10, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:08:19 +0100, David in Normandy
wrote:

The other homemade tool I use a lot is simply a small garden hoe to
which I've attached a long brush stave handle. It is great for getting
into tight spots to do weeding without bending my back and for weeding
between onions and other plants that are too close together for a
conventional full size hoe.

chuckle
I've done exactly the opposite. I had a small-bladed hoe, say 4" wide,
with a long handle that I seldom used. I cut its handle down to about
12" and it now makes an excellent hand-hoe, along with a hand-fork and
trowel, and is brilliant for weeding on hands and knees.

I've done that, too! :~) and made a dibber out of an old fork handle.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London