Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Mentaloid

Default Aquaclear 201 Powerhead for DIY CO2 diffusion

Well - a powerhead thats not submergable would be pretty useless - however
my "submergible" powerhead also has this sticker. I submerged it without a
problem.
On the route I would take .. I find that putting the tubing into the water
intake side of the powerhead results in a lot finer bubbles - and a better
PPM count - if I'm not carefull I can easily achieve 50 PPM in my 90 gallon
with 2 2L bottles using this method.

"redled" wrote in message
OK, I've been using an upturned bell in my 55gallon as my diffuser for

quite
some time, with 2 2L bottles of yeast solution. Well, this method works

good
and my plants are doing good, but I can't break the 15ppm mark. My goal

is
25-30, so I'm going to try something new, and today I went out and bought

an
aquaclear 201 powerhead. I also got some new, sturdier 2L rubbermaid

bottles
that will fit behind my tank, where pop bottles wouldn't. Anyways, I

don't
know what the best way to tackle the solution is. Should I:
a) Put the CO2 output into the airline input of the powerhead
b) Have the CO2 bubble into the water intake of the powerhead
c) http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/diy_reactor.htm

That reactor looks good, but if one of the simpler methods will work, of
course I'll go that route. So, what are other people's experiences?

Also, my
201 has a sticker on it that says "do not submerge" but I think that it's
actually submersible, and just not CSA approved for it. I have a heater
like this. Can someone verify that it is submersible? I don't have the
manual for it.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John