Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
redled

Default Aquaclear 201 Powerhead for DIY CO2 diffusion

In article , "Mentaloid" wrote:
Well - a powerhead thats not submergable would be pretty useless - however
my "submergible" powerhead also has this sticker. I submerged it without a
problem.
On the route I would take .. I find that putting the tubing into the water
intake side of the powerhead results in a lot finer bubbles - and a better
PPM count - if I'm not carefull I can easily achieve 50 PPM in my 90 gallon
with 2 2L bottles using this method.

Yeah, it is pretty useless. If I go by what the sticker says, I would have
about 1/4" to work with (1/4" between the min water line for the powerhead
output to be below water and the max line stated on the sticker). Anyways, in
Canada, I understand that completely submersible (submergable?) devices are
much harder to get CSA approval, so many companies just put a max water line
on thier products so they don't have difficulty selling them.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John