Old 02-03-2011, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Conifers .. Who is responsible ?

"Simmo" wrote in message

I was recently speaking to a friend of mine who has just had his conifer
hedge trimmed by a guy who runs his own gardening business .. My friend
was told that he was responsible for his side of the conifers and for
the tops but the neighbour at the other side of the hedge was
responsible for getting (and paying for) his side to be trimmed .. Has
anyone heard of this before and is it a legally binding issue ?

Thanks very much ..

Others will help you about this. I am, atm, in a bad situation about my
three Lawson's Cypressus. Last year my neighbour wanted a little branch
cut off so she could put a fence up. I agreed.
She then decided she wanted them reduced and I agreed to that too, when the
birds were not nesting in them,
Now she wants them felled completely, claiming they are damaging her house
but since I had my own house underpinned in 2003 to the side and back I
don't want the danger of heave at the front.
The letter says about "not falling out" about it. I wouldn't, unless it was
not in a long line of a seriously bad neighbour.
I've referred it to my insurance company now, they can fight it out
themselves.
I want my trees at least half up. Goldcrests are in them atm and so many
birds nest in them