Old 03-03-2011, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Conifers .. Who is responsible ?

On Mar 2, 8:28*pm, Simmo wrote:
I was recently speaking to a friend of mine who has just had his conifer
hedge trimmed by a guy who runs his own gardening business .. My friend
was told that he was responsible for his side of the conifers and for
the tops but the neighbour at the other side of the hedge was
responsible for getting (and paying for) his side to be trimmed .. Has
anyone heard of this before and is it a legally binding issue ?

Thanks very much ..

--
Simmo

Traditionallly agricultural hedges were centred on the boundary line.
However if someone has planted trees in a housing estate, it's usually
on their side of the boundary & is therefor their responsibilty. Any
branches that "tresspass" you can cut off put you have to give them
back.
I think there'a laws governing how high the hedge can be.
http://www.tree-care.info/law/highhedges