Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lyle[_1_] View Post

Fred Downham's advice was that a gardener should go on holiday only in
October. I'd choose November myself, but I wouldn't argue with Fred
Downham of Lancaster.
.
I think March isn't bad. Sow your seed trees the day before you go and seal them all in plastic bags - when you get back you have lots of trays of seedlings, but they haven't grown enough to need lots of water, so they haven't dried out in your absence.

Can't go in October - still picking apples, and in November there's the medlars.