Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Conifers .. Who is responsible ?

"hate trees" wrote in message
" Which is what my neighbour did.
She told my brother that "she does not want to fall out with me" and then
wonders why she has.
She is territorial. Every branch of every tree on that side right down
down the whole 450 ft of my garden has been cut off and it's caused a
problem _ some of those fruit trees have been planted many years ago on
the border and it's unbalancing them, so they will fall in a high wind.
Which they have.
I have to limbo down the garden now to get to my chickens to feed them
underneath a damson tree that fell because all one side of it dared to to
put branches out.
I would not mind too much if it mattered to them
because they do not use more than more than 50 ft of
of the 450 ft garden they are lucky to have.

I wish I had your neighbour I side with her. If a person plants a large
shrub or small tree close to a border they are being selfish towards the
neighbour.

Except this happened nearly 40 years ago when people were more, let's say,
adaptable by having a smallholding. No one bothered by a tree pushing its
branches next door. It happened all the time.
Never been a prob before, I'd not mind quite so much if they ever went down
their long garden more than once year.
They use the first idea, maybe 40 ft will damage. It's wasted. But OMg are
we in a fight about the front cypresses.
I've left it to my insurance company to sort it out with theirs now.