Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
daniel godwin

Default Canopy?

I recently completed my own DIY canopy for a 30 gallon tank. There isn't
much in the way of light leaks from my reflector (ahsupply 96w kit), so I
don't know if you'd really gain anything by painting the insides white and
having a reflector. That said, it's not going to hurt anything either. If
you have the paint all ready and don't mind dirtying another brush, I'd say
go for it.
Daniel

"Reg Sherwood" wrote in message
Hi,

I have completed a DIY canopy for my 35gl hexagon. The canopy is made out
of pine and I am simply planning on staining it, inside and out. If

anyone
is interested I can post the DIY instructions for it. My plan is to

install
a 65 W retrofit kit into the canopy (including reflector). My question

is,
would it be better if I painted the inside of the canopy a gloss white?

As
this might aid in reflecting some of the light.... Or does it really

matter
and I can stain the whole thing.

Thanks

Reg