Old 06-03-2011, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default Conifer keeling in "wind-tunnel"!

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
My mother planted the same sort of conifer as mine but she kept it
trimmed down to about 10' As a result it has grown into a huge garden
filling bush. None of the conifers have needed to be pampered and they
grow very fast. I have never been able to identify the conifer, even
after wading through a long list and pictures of Australian conifers.

Steve, thanks for this. I have another conifer, a traditional
"Christmas Tree", which has to come out, probably just before next
Christmas so it can do a final turn in the living-room, because I've
learned from people in this newsgroup that there is no way it will bush.
But it's great to learn today that there are other conifers that will.
My only problem now is that this conifer is not a very young one, so I
could be too late. But we shall see. Come May I shall start the
trimming!

Eddy.