Old 06-03-2011, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Tools: Fancy or home made?

"Baz" wrote in message

Would you pay for a dibber when you can use your old wooden spade or fork
shaft? or some magic tool that can do to weeds something we can't by
digging? or some wire, coated with plastic we can't do without and use
good
old fashioned string?

What tips have you for 'making do' with tools?
Baz

I did a bit of wood turning as a hobby and have "turned " many a dibber and
sold them to raise funds for Cancer Research UK.

Any scrap of wood, e.g. old broom handle will provide enough material for
quite a few.

Bill