Old 07-03-2011, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Sowing parsnips

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I'll definitely tell her about this method, it had slipped my mind.
She may not have the time though, as she is a qualified doctor, is
renovating a old farmhouse with 4 acres, breeds "old-fashioned"
bulldogs - the ones with straight legs, a longer nose so they can
breathe, and are self-whelping i.e. do not need a caesarian plus she
speaks 4 languages and occasionally makes herself useful as an
interpreter. I guess rushing out to plant some seeds when she had a
bit of time and the temperature was above freezing is typical of a
non-educated German that knows she has a whole packet and can always
ask me to send another ;-))

Tina

That non-educated bit has me confused(not difficult) even after reading a
few times!
Even so as you say, you can always send another packet.
Have you tried roasted parsnip then grilled with Stilton on top? Absolutely
fantastic. If you havn't you must. The parsnips must be roasted 'till soft
and the cheese must be nice and runny and browned in places after grilling
on top of the parsnip.

Baz