Old 07-03-2011, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Sowing parsnips

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I'll definitely tell her about this method, it had slipped my mind.
She may not have the time though, as she is a qualified doctor, is
renovating a old farmhouse with 4 acres, breeds "old-fashioned"
bulldogs - the ones with straight legs, a longer nose so they can
breathe, and are self-whelping i.e. do not need a caesarian plus she
speaks 4 languages and occasionally makes herself useful as an
interpreter. I guess rushing out to plant some seeds when she had a
bit of time and the temperature was above freezing is typical of a
non-educated German that knows she has a whole packet and can always
ask me to send another ;-))

Tina

That non-educated bit has me confused(not difficult) even after
reading a few times!

Read harry's post in this thread.

"what
drivel. Of course they have parsnips in Germany. Der Pastinak.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastinak
Your friend is just not well educated.
I have seen parsnip often in Germany and often obst und gemuse not
commonly seen here.
Contrary to common opinion in this country all German are not super
human/super educated.
But I'm sure she has a lovely nature. :-)

All of harry's info came from wikipedia? THE most reliable source of junk.
What a dipstick, ignore, or better still filter the w****r.

Baz