Old 08-03-2011, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Melon suggestions for New England

I'd like to be able to grow a melon. I do fine with tomatoes, peas, corn,
strawberries, blueberries and beans but I've never been able to get a
melon to grow.

I live in Massachusetts, near the New Hampshire border so I have a short
growing season. Has anyone been able to get a melon to grow around here?
I'd like a suggestion for a variety suited to this climate and tips on how
to handle it.