Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Robert Lewis Robert Lewis is offline

Default Habanero peppers ..again

In central Texas, I had a couple of habaneros that lasted four years in a
pot. I'd bring them in in the winter & take them outside in the warmer
months. At the 4th year, they looked pretty ragged, so I stuck them into
the ground, where they perked right up, but I didn't re-pot them again. I
guess the potting soil was just spent. They did continue to produce
peppers, but the fruit was smaller every year.

Robert

"Graham" wrote in message
Last year I asked for advice on habanero peppers and they were a great
success, in fact they have survived the winter on my window sill and are
still producing small pea size peppers. My question is are habanero
peppers biennial? If I give them a good feed will they produce another
crop this year? I still have seeds left so intend to plant a new lot, but
is it worth keeping the 'old' ones?
Graham
In Holland