Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
kush

Default Cloudy Water?

Sounds like a bacterial bloom. Not unusual in a new tank, should clear
within a week or so. I like to use A.C.T. by Mardel which is a (good)
bacterial culture.

Is this driftwood commercial or found? If it was found, I probably would
have done more than just rinse it. Regardless, chances are, its not just
going to sink, at least not anytime soon - it's usual to wire it to a buried
filter plate, or screw it to a piece of slate or something. Hopefully it
looks good floating...

kush

Dustin wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Finally setup the 125 gal.

Its been up about 24 hours, the water still has a slight mista bout it..

its
not clear its more whitish.

Now there is a piece of floating driftwood in it, i rinsed it and put it

in
*guessing it will eventually sink*...... could this be the reason for the
cloudy water? and if so what do i do about it? If Not, How do i get rid

of
the whitish water?

Thanks!

Dustin