Old 09-03-2011, 06:40 PM
spinksy spinksy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonasdaddy View Post
Hi,

I'm a novice gardener and i'm looking for a little advice please?

I bought some large established ball chrysanthemums in Autumn 2009 but lost them in the hard winter of 2009.

I replaced them in the Summer 2010 with a more hardy daisy type plant from Dobbies. If I post a picture of the plant, would someone mind having a go at identifying it and tell me if its dead, alive, needs cut back or cut to the roots?

Thanks in advance,

Shonasdaddy
hi, i didnt see the pics but i can say that some varieties of daisies die back in winter and leave sticks, dead stalks, where they were, cut these sticks to about four inches and wait, very soon you should see the new daisies growing,, good luck.... spinksy