Old 09-03-2011, 08:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default 25 ft high plum trees. To cut or not to cut that is the Q.

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Plum branches make wonderful forced flowers for a early taste of
spring.

http://thurly.net/10u3

I posted only about what to do with the pruned branches. Forcing
them.

Rachel Maddow reminds me of the shrink on 2 & 1/2 Men.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#41959570

You force them? I thought you were more of a pacifist.

=====

Yea but I am gentle. Stick a few small branches in water in early
spring and you may fool them to bloom. Read that pussy willow twigs
soaked in water increases the chance that the twigs may form roots.
Sort of a cheap root tone.

Meanwhile I hope our March is 4 foot lighter with the ground water
starting to rise. Last years was wet in march and dry for the rest of
the summer.

Just had about 3 inches and another looks due tomorrow. High 46 F.
forecasted. Thinking about getting the seed sit up going.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

łEvery conflict in the world today has its origin in the
imagination of British map drawers,˛ Author Unknown