Old 09-03-2011, 08:17 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default Proposed Plant Bans

why they preffer enedemic plants is that a native from another area
can be a weed outside its habitat range ie.,. alexander palm, cadagi
gum, a wattle from mt morgan etc.,.

so by keeping the list simple they don't have to identify a weed then
try and control it, like lantana once they escape into another
habitiat they are there for keeps.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:46:35 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 13:28:12 +1100, wrote:

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 03:37:39 +1000, gardenlen
wrote:

thin edge of the wedge all leading to making it easy for them they
will simply say you can only grow indemicnative plants, so the vege
and flower gardens might be on the way to extinction.

There are some natives on the list, mainly wattles.

gardenlen wrote:
that's why i said indemic natives.

Why endemic natives?

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither
the day nor the hour wherein the Son
of man cometh"

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

and also: Isaiah 38:1&17-18 KJV

1: Thus saith the Lord, set thine house in order: for thou shalt die and not live.
17: for thou hast cast all my sins behind my back.
18: For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down in the pit cannot hope for truth.

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Seek truth and understanding will follow"

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/