Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default lemon tree fruit

"Mike Lyle" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

You mention ericaceous growing medium, but would you also say to use
rain water? Or do you find the sequestered iron does the trick?

Right about overcropping: in ignorance, I let mine produce over fifty
little lemons, and the poor thing nearly died.

Strictly speaking they don't need ericaceous compost they just prefer it and
if you use it you can then use hard tap water to water with. However, I do
use rain water if I have enough. (I have some plants that demand it)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden