Old 09-03-2011, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Another Dry Month

"hugh" wrote ...

For seventh month running rain fall here is well below average. In fact
only once in the last 14 months has it been up to average.

Last winter/spring (2010) here was very wet such that most of us got behind
with allotment jobs like digging, not wise to try digging or worse
rotovating our type of soil when it's wet it will simply clod/ball up and
the friability is lost. So we waited .... and things did not improve much so
I had to plant the potatoes without being able to dig in the manure.
Been dry this spring so up straight with things this year so far.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden