Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
Do you know how to grow it? Ericaceous compost with added drainage material,
no water tray underneath as the roots in water will surely kill it. Lots of
feed too as gross feeders.
I have found citrus plants in containers to be exceedingly fussy about the conditions they are given. They can give up the ghost just on not getting the watering and fertilising regime just right. And you do need to have just the right kind of location to keep them indoors away from the frost. Ours always ended up with a bad case of scale insects too. The only citrus plant I found hard to kill was one I grew myself from a grapefruit seed.