Old 11-03-2011, 06:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Save Climate and Double Food Production With Eco-Farming

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

wrote:
Billy writes:

An urgent transformation to 'eco-farming' is the only way to end
hunger and face the challenges of climate change and rural
poverty, said Olivier De Schutter, U.N. Special Rapporteur

That statement is ridiculous.

No amount of additional production will "end" hunger.
Not with an ever increasing demand for food.

All of these political types are afraid to admit the truth.
There are limits.

The shade of Malthus wails over Africa, nobody listens.

David

Read Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed and note
the down under issues.

I have. I do. Oz is not in the high birthrate and starving group
(far from it). I don't see the connection with Malthus and Africa.
What do you think it is?

David

The carnage left by colonization.

What is your point? What carnage was left in Australia?

We may be talking past each other at this point. The carnage to the land
and the indigenous inhabitants. I don't know their quality of life is,
but I suspect that it would be better, for them and the land, if
auslanders hadn't come there, or here. The destruction of cultures in
Africa by Europeans in quest of treasure (King Leopold's Mine).
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI
http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2011/3/7/michael_moore