Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Transplanting Parsnip seedlings

In article ,
Roger Tonkin wrote:

A friend suggested starting off parsnip seeds in toilet roll tubes,
which I have done.

I planted 3 seeds in each, and in some all have germinated. I am tempted
when planting out the tubes to try splitting some and transplat the
seedings, but I am sure I've read somewhere that behave like over
ferilised plants and the roots will split and not form properly.

Anyone transplanted parsnips successfully?

You may want to make a hole with a pointy stick (dibble) [old shovel
handles sharpened at the broken end are good], and fill with potting
soil, before you plant in it.
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI
http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2011/3/7/michael_moore